Entry 2: The Struggles of Tea Spilling

Week 1

Today is March 3, 2019, and it's a Sunday, the last day of our first week!

Weekly Recap: 


Bullet journaling is a very easy task, but it requires a lot of dedication and time. When planning and actually doing my first entry it took a good hour and a half to finish my outline. When it came to precision and neatness, I kind of struggled because my hands tend to shake a little when I write and draw even when using a ruler. At the beginning of the week, it wasn't a struggle to write in the journal, as I was still pretty motivated, but as the week went on the motivation and overall mood had gone down. This feeling hopeless feeling made me not want to do anything, but like I said in my first entry, this project is a way to keep me motivated and organized. I had to keep telling myself that it's all going to be worth it in the end and I will become the well-organized person I've always wanted to be. 

Now, as an attempt to up my mental health and motivation I will be making a minor tweak to my outline. Instead of making the thought box an extra, I will be turning it into a thing that I will add into every entry, but as a page of its own. This will allow me to write down what and how I feel instead of keeping it all in. This week I learned that keeping all of my negative feelings and thoughts to myself will lead to multiple mental breakdowns in one day.

To help myself get back on track, I read this blog by Christina Karachaliou called How to be Consistent with your Bullet Journal. In this blog, she states five key factors to staying motivated to bullet journal.

  1. Use the right tools: When it comes to choosing the materials for the bullet journal, picking the right notebook/planner that works best for you will keep you more motivated
  2. Have one planner: Try not to switch notebooks because it is said that if you do, you tend to be lazier when it comes to continuing your work.
  3. Create the planner that works for you: Having a layout that interests you and gives you joy when doing it is another key to keep you motivated 
  4. Keep your planner accessible: Keep the journal in places that you will be able to spot it easier, as this will be a subtle reminder.
  5. Have a backup plan: If you forget your notebook at home or something, keep a smaller mini notebook with you so you can jot down ideas and transfer them later.


Karachaliou, Christina. “How to Be Consistent with Your Bullet Journal.” christina77star | Plan Your Life. Achieve Your Goals., Christina Georgiou | Illustrations + Design, 9 Oct. 2017, www.christina77star.net/blog/how-to-stay-consistent-with-your-bullet-journal.

Comments

  1. I've tried to do start a bullet journal before, so I definitely relate to your lack of motivation, except for me this lead to actually stopping. I'm hoping (especially since this is a graded project) that you will be able to keep going and really enjoy the process. It does seem really cool (and the videos of people making bullet journals are super fun to watch). To add to the list of advice, I'm wondering if you have a set time to complete the journal entries each day? For me at least, that would help with organization and remembering what I need to do/being able to actually complete it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What's the tea sis?

Entry 3: Lukewarm Tea

Wrapping Up the PUBLIC tea journal