Entry 1: Prepping the Tea Journal


Hey hey hey blog! 
Are you here to join me on this six-week journey of becoming a pro-bullet journalist? 
Great! Well, I'm kinda really excited to do this! I get to finally let my creative juices run and I actually have to do it, it's not like me of those one-week hobbies that you try and drop after some time.

what is my goal?

Well, my goal is to help improve my lack of artistic skills and creativity. I personally think that I'm not very artistic or creative, and this is MY chance to prove myself wrong. Even as a kid, I remember this one time when I was drawing, my dad came over and said something about it being bad, and like that hurt my poor little feelings because I thought that I was going to be the next Vincent Van Gogh. But, as I got older, I've come to accept that disadvantage and just try my hardest. When I first discovered bullet journaling I thought that it was a really simple and easy hobby, oh boy was I wrong. It's not extremely difficult, but from what I've seen it takes a lot of time and planning. You would have to make sure that everything is straight and neat, making sure that it looks nice and not messy. But, this is a really good way to stay motivated and organized.


Okay, so, keeping track of my progress won't be very difficult since it'll be there for me to physically see. I'll be taking pictures of the pages I finished at the end of the week and to compare and evaluate my progress.

Wanting to know more about bullet journaling, I stumbled upon this blog called tinyrayofsunshine made by Kim, and her blog has a thorough guide to bullet journaling. In this guide she has down the materials and where you can get them along with inspo. made by her to share with her audience 


I'm going to insert an image for the ones who DON'T know what bullet journaling is
xoxo - Kat 



Comments

  1. Bullet journaling looks like a great way to become organized while being artistic. Although, I would warn that if you want your creativity thrive, do not get too caught up in looking "aesthetically pleasing". In order to reach mastery, one first has to make some mistakes, and it is okay to look a little messy at first. What are some of the materials you need to become a "pro-bullet journalist", and have you bought any of the supplies? What are some of your goals, and how do you plan to organize your time to achieve them? I am looking forward to seeing what you have created in your next blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a fan of bullet journaling myself, I love that you're using this project as an opportunity to do this! And like what Unknown said, mistakes are OKAY because part of it is being able to turn those mistakes into something cool. I recently watched a YouTube video that doesn't go the traditional route(rather it has components)of bullet journaling and I recommend you to check it out. The YouTuber is Krist Soup and the video is called: My Life Art Journal / Sketchbook Flip Through. I know it says art journal, but she has some really creative ideas in there that might inspire you. Good luck and don't forget to have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey hey unknown #2! I'm glad that you mentioned Krist Soup, I love her videos and they really inspire me. I will probably watch that video tonight. Thank you for being my fan and supporting me! xx

      Delete
  3. As a inartistic and disorganized person myself, I can't wait to see the outcomes of this project! I know that personally, I tried multiple methods to keep myself on track, from using an agenda book to downloading a calendar app on my phone, but those attempts were to no avail. If this truly works out for you, maybe I'll try it too! I really enjoy the tone of your blogs because they sound like you're having a simple conversation with someone. Quick question: How are you going to evaluate your progress? You mentioned that you would take pictures of them, but once you reach the later weeks of the project, I predict that the aesthetics skill of your each week's journal will be quite similar. What are you going to use to differentiate one week's bullet journaling from the next? Good luck and let's get journaling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Alex! It would be great if you gave bullet journaling a shot too! (no pun intended) and to answer your question, I'll be making each week a different theme so it wouldn't all look the same. I was planning on progressively making the designs more difficult as the weeks go by. Thanks for the support! I won't let you down son.

      Delete
  4. Okay first off I disagree 100% when you say you aren't an artistic person. Even though I've never seen you draw, you give me artsy vibes and your handwriting is super neat so I think this is perfect for you! Anyways, I have been super interested in your idea since day one. It sounds super challenging, but the outcome is definitely going to be worth it. Even though bullet journaling sounds as simple as writing things down in an artsy way, there is so much more to it. This allows you to get everything out of your head and almost seems like a form of meditation. I can't wait to see what your project brings (I know it will be good!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I DEFINITELY need this. I was never really an organized person, so I like the idea of writing your plans in an artistic way. I like your passion for creativity and I think this topic is perfect for that. I do have a question - How will you include an academic aspect to your project? Just looking at images of bullet journaling, I can see how it could be satisfying and motivating for you to get things done. I'm excited to see how you progress and what you will achieve in this project!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What's the tea sis?

Entry 3: Lukewarm Tea

Wrapping Up the PUBLIC tea journal